NOTE: If you’re having issues with installing or updating packages – see https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/wiki/Package-Management
NOTE: Updates over Google Play is currently halted due to technical reasons. In the meantime, see https://github.com/termux/termux-app#installation for alternative installation sources.
Termux combines powerful terminal emulation with an extensive Linux package collection.
• Enjoy the bash and zsh shells.
• Manage files with nnn and edit them with nano, vim or emacs.
• Access servers over ssh.
• Develop in C with clang, make and gdb.
• Use the python console as a pocket calculator.
• Check out projects with git.
• Run text-based games with frotz.
At first start a small base system is downloaded – desired packages can then be installed using the apt package manager. Access the built-in help by long-pressing anywhere on the terminal and selecting the Help menu option to learn more.